Physicians of all specialties are needed to do file and disability reviews. Due to the Affordable Care Act (ACA) these reviews are expected to increase dramatically in 2014 and 2015. These reviews are done in the physician’s home office and require no testifying as there is no physician-patient relationship.
Many different types of companies are looking for physician reviewers. These include:
- Independent Review Organizations (IROs)
- Health insurers
- Disability insurers
- Casualty insurers
- Workers’ compensation insurers
- Life insurance insurers
- Medical management companies
- Utilization management companies
- Third party administrators (TPAs)
- State medical boards (peer reviews)
- Medical review companies
SEAK runs the annual workshop: How to Start, Build, and Run a Successful Disability and File Review Practice. Click here for SEAK’s workshops for physicians
If you are a physician interested in performing File/Chart Reviews, you should join our SEAK National Directory of Medical File Review Consultants.